The Vojvodina Tour is a guaranteed departure sightseeing and excursion which takes place every Saturday
- Novi Sad, wine region & Petrovardin Fortress
- Duration - 9 hours, departing from Belgrade
- Available - Guaranteed tour every Saturday
Just a short hop from Belgrade is the autonomous province of Vojvodina, famous throughout the Balkans for its beautiful countryside, fine food and wines, and wealth of churches, chapels and monasteries. The capital of Vojvodina, Novi Sad, is the second city of Serbia, and the location of one of the oldest fortified settlements in Europe - the Fortress of Petrovaradin.
As you move upstream along the River Danube, this trip will reveal the glory of Vojvodina, the northern Serbian province, which has an identity which is unique and distinct from the rest of Serbia. The tour will educate you on the importance of the Danube through history, as it was often a border between great civilizations and the site of countless battles. We will enjoy the peaceful ambience of Orthodox monasteries; sample local wines at a wine tasting session in a traditional Serbian town; enjoy the stunning view from the Petrovaradin fortress; and take in the relaxed atmosphere in the city of Novi Sad.
• Licensed, English-speaking tour guide*
• Transport as outlined in the programme
• Visits to the Krušedol monastery, the Chapel of peace, the Orthodox churches at Sremski Karlovci and Novi Sad, Petrovaradin fortress
• Wine tasting in Sremski Karlovci (including the famous dessert wine, Bermet)
*other languages available upon request
- Leaving from Belgrade at 09:30 on Saturday morning, we will first visit the 16th century monastery at Krusedol in Fruška Gora. Continuing on, we soon come to Sremski Karlovci, a small baroque town on the Danube, which is famous for its rich history and numerous wine cellars. Here we will take a break to enjoy a wine tasting session in one of the cellars, before moving on to visit the most famous fortress on the Danube - Petrovaradin fortress.
- Afterwards, you can take some free time for lunch and take in the stunning view from the terrace of the fortress over the city of Novi Sad.
- The tour ends with a walk through the city centre, and free time for shopping or a coffee break, before rejoining the transfer for the return journey to Belgrade.